- Join a corporate communications team tasked with managing the world-famous Cabela’s brand, building relationships with the most influential outdoor editors and writers across North America, and handling media, public and employee relations at the company’s headquarters in western Nebraska.
Essential activities and responsibilities:
- Creates, edits and disseminates information and images for media, public and employee relations, as well as a variety of internal and external communications.
- Supports and defends the brand through issue monitoring and management.
- Develops and fosters relationships with members of the media to create top-of-mind awareness and preferred status of the Cabela’s brand.
- Secures brand placement in print, broadcast and online editorial through media monitoring and pitches.
- Serves as a company spokesperson, representing the company at retail stores, conferences, trade shows, media hunting and fishing trips and other events.
- Creates content for Cabela’s branding outlets, including print, broadcast and online venues.
- Supports all company channels and businesses with communication needs.
- Manages editorial calendar and serves as primary editor of Cabela’s Outfitter Journal magazine (bimonthly).
- This is NOT a telecommute position.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mass communication, journalism, public relations or a related field with a minimum 1 to 3 years of relevant experience.
- Hunting and/or fishing experience is required.
Cabela’s offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401(k), vacation, profit sharing, health and dental coverage for you and your family, relocation assistance, and generous product discounts. EOE.
Interested applicants should apply online at www.cabelas.jobs