Bonefish & Tarpon Trust is dedicated to the conservation and restoration of bonefish, tarpon and permit through research, stewardship, education and advocacy.
Members, remember to log in to view the rest of this post.
Bonefish & Tarpon Trust is dedicated to the conservation and restoration of bonefish, tarpon and permit through research, stewardship, education and advocacy. Our record of accomplishment and ongoing programs distinguish BTT as a leader in the conservation of the species, their habitats and the larger fisheries they support. Visit btt.org to learn more.
The Director of Marketing, Membership and Communications is responsible for the planning, implementation and management of comprehensive marketing programs that build public awareness and support of the organization’s mission, help achieve fundraising goals, and acquire and retain members. The position reports to the Executive Director, supervises the Membership and Communications Manager position, and is based in Coral Gables, Florida.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Marketing, Membership and Communications develops and implements strategic, creative and effective marketing programs to inform and engage members, stakeholders and other audiences; support fundraising; and grow the organization’s membership base—all to advance the organization’s conservation objectives. Specific responsibilities include:
- Production of BTT’s bi-annual Journal, including management of editorial content, design printing, and distribution.
- Production of other printed materials used in marketing, communications, membership and development.
- Strategy and content development for btt.org and other online platforms, digital newsletters and communications to members.
- Planning and oversight of BTT’s external communications, including media relations and the placement of articles in industry publications and external media.
- Planning, implementation and management of corporate engagement and corporate sponsorship programs that represent partnerships between BTT and industry leaders.
- Planning, implementation and oversight of marketing events that focus on building public awareness, enhancing reputational image and/or acquiring members.
- Planning, implementation and oversight of a comprehensive membership program, including supervision of the Membership and Communications Manager, to achieve specific and ambitious goals in new member acquisition and member retention through direct mail, online appeals, and incentive-based marketing.
- Supervision of staff responsible for the entry and receipting of philanthropic contributions, maintenance of a member/donor database, and generation of reports used in program planning. S/he ensures that use of the system is optimized and uses outputs to inform financial projections and budgeting.
- Oversight of marketing-related contracts with consultants, vendors and others.
As a member of the BTT Management Team, the Director of Marketing, Membership and Communications is a leader who participates fully in developing and managing BTT’s vision and strategy at the organizational level. S/he has regular contact with the Board of Directors and others who volunteer on behalf of BTT.
Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years related experience in marketing, philanthropy and/or related field.
Excellent writing and communications skills; ability to share BTT’s mission, vision and current work in clear and compelling ways to a diverse constituent base.
Experience in traditional and digital marketing practices.
Proficiency in word processing and database management; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus.
Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and apply data in program management.
Experience with program management, including departmental planning and budgeting, and supervision.
Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to thrive in a small office environment and work in a collaborative role with others.
Demonstrated ability in using discretion where appropriate and maintaining confidentiality in all matters, especially pertaining to the giving histories and records of members.
Knowledge of recreational fisheries, fly-fishing and the industry markets associated with them a plus.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Jim McDuffie, Executive Director
Bonefish & Tarpon Trust
135 San Lorenzo Ave
Coral Gables, FL 33146
Application deadline October 31, 2016
Bonefish & Tarpon Trust is an equal-opportunity employer