The magazine publishes seven sport-fishing and two hunting and shooting issues each year that feature stories and information about British Columbia’s best sport fishing and outdoors experiences. Regardless of your subject matter, the magazine expects unbiased, well-researched, accurate, articulate and error-free articles.
- Sport-fishing issues: Jan./Feb., March, April (lake guide special), May, Summer, Sept./Oct. and Nov./Dec.
- Hunting and shooting issues: Pre-season and Fall.
Please do not send unsolicited manuscripts or photos. Send relevant examples of your work, along with a 150-word outline of what you plan to write about, as well as a description of the type of images that will accompany the story. Make your query count. You should be able to encapsulate the essence of you story and show us why our audience would be interested in reading your piece in no more than 150 words. Be specific and detailed. To help with your planning, a list with approximate 2011 deadline dates follows. Please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact Michelle Manson and the e-mail address just listed.
Issue – Deadline
- Jan./Feb. 2011 issue deadline is Oct. 1, 2010
- March 2011 issue deadline is Dec. 3, 2010
- April 2011 issue deadline is Jan. 7, 2011
- May 2011 issue deadline is Feb. 11, 2011
- Summer fishing 2011 issue deadline is March 11, 2011
- Summer hunting 2011 issue deadline is March 11, 2011
- Sept./Oct. 2011 issue deadline is June 3, 2011
- Fall hunting 2011 issue deadline is June 3, 2011
- Nov./Dec. 2011 issue deadline is Aug. 12, 2011