Welcome New Members
- Thomas H. Allen
- Charlotte Austin
- Ben Christensen
- Robin Kepple
- Timothy Lintz
- Ken Morrow
- Wilber Suiter
Proposed New Members
- McKillap, Tim, P.O. Box 85, 2 Patricia St., Pickle Lake, ON P0V 340 Canada. (H) 807-928-9871, (W) 807-928-2381, email@example.com. An elementary and high school teacher. Participates in the Breeding Bird Atlas and the Nocturnal Owl Survey. (Ember) Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Roger Brunt.
- Nedwick, Jeffrey S., 5190 Ta-Lor Drive, Lapeer, MI 48446. (H) 810-664-2644, (W) 877-643-0103, (F) 810-664-2512, firstname.lastname@example.org. Freelance outdoor writer with 12 articles published in the Lapeer County Press print edition and several in the www.countypress.com online edition. Active member in several hunting and fishing organizations. (Vicki) Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Mark Sak.
- Papiez, Michael, 8749 Lapeer Road, Mayville, MI 48744. (H) 989-553-3969, (W) 989-843-6648, (F) 989-843-7794, email@example.com. He created and has been writing articles for The Outdoor Page in the Lapeer Country Press for about four years. Began and wrote the outdoor page for the L.A. View two years earlier. Articles published in the Michigan Outdoor News. (Rosanne) Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by David Rose.
- Ross, John E., P.O. Box 521, Upperville, VA 20185. (H) 540-592-7020, firstname.lastname@example.org. Writer and photographer. His work on outdoor topics regularly appears in Sporting Classics and Sports Afield. Author of numerous outdoors books. (Katie) Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Mark Taylor.
New Supporting Groups, Agencies and Businesses
- Niagara Tourism & Convention Corp., 345 Third St., Suite 605, Niagara Falls, NY 14303. Contact: Bill Hilts Jr., outdoor sports specialist. 877-FALLS-US, ext. 303, email@example.com, www.niagara-usa.com. Home to Niagara Falls and fantastic outdoor opportunities featuring world-class fishing in the Niagara River and the Great Lakes of Ontario and Erie.
- Rod-N-Bobbs, 630 Lamplighter Court, Eau Claire, WI 54703. Contact: Jeremy Bennis, sales/PR manager. (W) 715-877-1302, 800-763-0877, (F) 715-835-7470, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.bobbers.com. Terminal tackle fishing manufacturer.
- SportDOG Brand, 10427 Electric Ave., Knoxville, TN 37932. Contact: Gretchen Goodson, marketing specialist. (W) 865-218-4088, (F) 865-671-6855, email@example.com, www.sportdog.com. SportDOG Brand is a manufacturer of electronic training products such as training collars, bark control collars, beeper collars and in-ground fence systems. SportDOG Brand also offers a wide range of dog training equipment such as whistles, retrieving dummies, leads and collars.
- Wolverine, 9341 Courtland Drive, Rockford, MI 49351. Contact: Gail Kirchhoff, marketing specialist. (W) 616-863-4774, 866-699-7369, (F) 616-863-3902, Gail.Kirchhoff@wwwinc.com, www.wolverine.com. Since 1883, generations of American workers have come to depend on Wolverine boots for comfort and durability. Today, Wolverine continues to deliver on its promise with an extensive range of premium products including boots, shoes, apparel and gear. Established in Rockford, Mich., Wolverine made the original boots that helped build the railroads, erect skyscrapers and expand highways across this great country. A historic mile marker for the brand took place in 1914, when Wolverine introduced a footwear line called the 1000 Mile Boot, setting the standard for durable footwear.
Reinstated Supporting Groups, Agencies and Businesses:
- Anglers Inn Lodge, 3800 N. Mesa, Ste A2-358, El Paso, TX 79902. Contact: Billy Chapman Jr., owner. 800-468-2347, www.anglersinn.com. Anglers Inn Lodge on El Salto has to be seen to be believed. Located only 100 yards from the shores of beautiful Lake El Salto, the Anglers Inn facility is like nothing you would expect to find in the Sierra Madre Mountains of Mexico. It is obvious from the first look that Anglers Inn has invested more in these accommodations than any outfitter in the region, all for the comfort of our customers.
- Bass Assassin Lures Inc., 232 SE Industrial Circle, Suite A, Mayo, FL 32066. Contact: Liz. (W) 386-294-1049, (F) 386-294-3495, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.bassassassin.com. Family owned and operated, Bass Assassin Lures is a soft-plastic fishing lure manufacturer. The business has been around for 20-plus years. No matter what type of fish you’re trying to catch, we’ve got something that will do the trick.
- Catherine Miller & Associates Inc., 2171 India St., Suite E, San Diego, CA 92101. Contact: Catherine Miller. (W) 619-234-8791, (F) 619-234-8605, email@example.com, www.catherinemiller.com. Advertising, promotion, special events and public relations.
- Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits Inc., P.O. Box 1000, 849 S. Coppermine Road, Page, AZ 86040. Contact: Russ Comeau, Advertising & Media. (W) 928-645-3812, 800-645-2248, (F) 928-645-2588, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.baits.com. Manufacturer of bass fishing lures.
- Gorilla Inc., P.O. Box 378, Flushing, MI 48433. Contact: Jeff Bergmann, Providence Marketing Group. (W) 810-733-6360, 877-685-7817, email@example.com, www.gorillatreestands.com. Gorilla Inc. is an award-winning manufacturer of high performance treestands and accessories for hunters who demand comfort, strength and stealth.
- Hi Mountain Jerky, 1000 College View Drive, Riverton, WY 82501. Contact: Karen Lutto. (W) 307-856-6626. 800-829-2285, (F) 307-857-6657, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.himtnjerky.com. Hi Mountain’s sincere desire is for people to enjoy wholesome and delicious food that has the great flavor of the Old West, made in their own home. The ingredients are of the highest quality to ensure the best possible flavor.
- International Sportsmen’s Expositions, P.O. Box 2569, Vancouver, WA 98668-2569. Contact: John Kirk, director of communications. (W) 360-397-0209, 800-545-6100, (F) 360-693-3352, www.sportsexpos.com. For 33 years the International Sportsmen’s Exposition (ISE) events have presented America’s premier adventure-travel, fishing, shooting-sports, boat and camping products and services to outdoor enthusiasts at events held during the first quarter throughout the largest western and Rocky Mountain markets.
- Ruffed Grouse Society, 451 McCormick Road, Corapolis, PA 15108. Contact: Dave Johnson. (W) 412-262-4044, 888-564-6747, (F) 412-262-9207, www.ruffedgrousesociety.org. Conservation is RGS’ main mission. Hunters were the first conservationists and the Ruffed Grouse Society and its members continue that great tradition. The Ruffed Grouse Society’s (RGS) membership consists mainly of grouse and woodcock hunters who support national scientific conservation and management efforts to ensure the future of the species. The organization headquartered in Coraopolis, PA, employs a team of wildlife biologists to work with private, and government, including local, state and federal, landowners who are interested in improving their land for ruffed grouse, American woodcock and the other songbirds and wildlife that have similar requirements. RGS does this with individualized attention, with specific programs to help landowners, and by working with local, state and federal governments to develop land management assistance programs. Media contact: Dave Johnson, 715-426-1000, email@example.com.
Chip Gross, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The contact information in the 2009-10 Membership Director for Bushnell Outdoor Products is incorrect. OWAA membership should contact Jen Messelt, Public Relations, Bushnell Outdoor Products, 9200 Cody St., Overland Park, KS 66214, (W) 913- 752-3400, (F) 913-752-3489, email@example.com.