- Wayne Hubbard
- David A. Lien
- Jennie Alice Lillard
- Sam Lungren
- Candice Price
- Mia Sheppard
Proposed New Members
- Jim Carrier, 6236 Empire Ln. N., Maple Grove, MN 55311. (H) 763-577-4176, (W) 763-221-2786, www.quietjourney.com, email@example.com. Long-time contributing editor and writer, The Boundary Waters Journal. General discussion forum moderator, quietjourney.com website. (Nancy) Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Tim Mead.
- Patrick Cooney, 2632 Rainford Ct., Raleigh, NC 27603. (H) 352-262-1986, www.thefisheriesblog.blogspot.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. Pursuing a doctorate in research of movement and survival of mountain trout. Writes about pressing fisheries issues and research for a blog and professional journals. Recently published work in magazines and journals as well. Applying for Student Membership; sponsored by Tom Kwak.
- Jennifer Pharr Davis, 15 Hildebrand St., Asheville, NC 28801. (H) 828-713-5451, (W) 828-713-5451, www.blueridgehikingco.com, email@example.com. Owner and founder, Blue Ridge Hiking Company. Freelance writer. Author of five trail books. Professional speaker. Has hiked 12,000 miles on six continents. Appalachian Trail record holder. (Brew) Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Jeff Alt.
- Joseph Dits, South Bend Tribune, 2154 Parkview Place, South Bend, IN 46616. (H) 574-288-1809, (W) 574-340-0520, (F) 574-236-1765, www.southbendtribune.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. Bachelor’s degree in journalism, Butler University, 1988. Journalist, the Anchorage Times, 1988-1990. Reporter, South Bend Tribune, 1991-1995, 1997-present. Also contributes a regular column on hiking, biking, paddling and skiing in addition to duties as news reporter. Spent 1996 volunteering in Zimbabwe. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Brett Prettyman.
- Daniel Donlan, 2 Saxton Ln., Hackettstown, NJ 7840. (H) 908-852-6523, email@example.com. Student, North American School of Outdoor Writing. Applying for Student Membership; sponsored by Roger Brunt.
- David FitzSimmons, 4538 Hastings Newville Rd., Bellville, OH 44813. (H) 419-892-2900, (W) 419-892-2900, www.fitzsimmonsphotography.com, www.curiouscritters.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. Award-winning freelance photographer and writer. Credits, Outdoor Photographer, Popular Photography, Shutterbug and other magazines, newspapers, online publications and calendars. Most recent books, “Animals of Ohio’s Ponds and Vernal Pools,” 2011, Kent State UP; and “Curious Critters,” 2011, Wild Iris, which has won five national book awards. One of five Sigma Pro photographers in North America. Professor, Ashland University. Assisted in his natural history endeavors by his wife Olivia, a naturalist librarian, and his three daughters, Sarah, Phoebe and Annabelle. (Olivia) Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by W.H. “Chip” Gross.
- Tom Sadler, 179 Bald Rock Rd., Verona, VA 24482. (H) 540-248-4554, www.middlerivergroup.com, email@example.com. Left Washington, D.C., to pursue his passion for fly-fishing and conversation. Began the Middle River Group to provide strategic and tactical marketing, communications and government realtions expertise to the conservation and wildlife management community and the hunting, fishing and shooting sports industry. Previously worked with the Trust for Public Land, Izaak Walton League of America and Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation. Previous OWAA member during his tenure as conservation director at IWLA, 2004-2005. (Beth) Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Chris Hunt.
- Mike Sepelak, 474 Buteo Ridge, Pittsboro, NC 27312. (H) 919-656-7431, www.mikesgonefishing.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. Outdoor blogger since January 2009, predominantly focusing on fly-fishing by meandering into a variety of activities. Current member, Outdoor Blogger Network. Contributing writer, Bloodknot online magazine, The Backcountry Journal, and Far and Away Online. Currently retired, living the good life in rural North Carolina and writing about it. (Mary P. York) Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Chris Hunt.
- Brent Wilson, 4530 S. 5th W., Idaho Falls, ID 83404. (H) 208-881-1108, (W) 208-881-1108, (F) 208-620-2334, www.uprisingblog.com, email@example.com. Blogger and photographer at Uprising, a blog that meets and exceeds OWAA’s criteria for original content and AUVs. Passionate about fly fishing and the outdoors – spending more than 100 days per year exploring Yellowstone country. (Susan) Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Chris Hunt.
- James Card, F+W Media, (Active) E1395 Birch Haven Circle, Waupaca, WI 54981. (H) 901-604-9027, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.jamescard.net. Editor-in-chief, Living Ready magazine. Managing editor, Gun Digest the magazine. Freelance journalist with credits in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Men’s Journal, Wired and other publications.
- Chip Hart, 700 WLW Big Outdoors Radio, (Active) 322 E. Main St., Batavia, OH 45103. (H) 513-797-7900, (F) 513-797-1013, email@example.com, www.bigoutdoors.net. Host, 700 WLW Big Outdoors weekly radio program covering hunting, fishing and outdoor subjects. Airing Saturday mornings and during drive time at 5 a.m.
- Tom Keith, (Senior-Active) 9500 South 120th Street, Bennet, NE 68317. (H) 402-782-2034, (W) 402-471-5489, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following members have successfully passed the review of their member credentials:
- J. Michael Kelly
- Robin Kepple
- Bill Parker
- Wayne van Zwoll
New Supporting Groups, Agencies and Businesses
- Absolute Outdoor Inc., 1209 Franklin Ave. NE, Sauk Rapids, MN 56379. Contact: Mary Snyder, vice president of marketing. (W) 320-252-2056, (Toll Free) 877-252-2056, (F) 320-252-2160, email@example.com, www.absoluteoutdoorinc.com. Absolute Outdoor is a sporting good manufacturer, specializing in the water sports, marine and outdoors markets through their FULL THROTTLE water sports brand and ONYX outdoor recreation brand. They have products for boating, fishing, water skiing, tubing, hunting, hiking and paddling. Resources: GIP.
Reinstated Supporting Groups, Agencies and Businesses
- IN-FISHERMAN, 7819 Highland Scenic Rd., Baxter, MN 56425. Contact: Mindy Elliot, (W) 218-829-1648, (F) 218-829-3091, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.in-fisherman.com. Celebrating its 38th year in 2013, In-Fisherman is the world’s most authoritative multi-species fishing communications network through the integration of publications, TV, radio, books, DVDs, fishing tournaments and the Internet.
- Rod-N-Bobbs, 630 Lamplighter Court, Eau Claire, WI 54703. Contact: Jeremy Bennis, Sales/PR Manager. (W) 715-877-1406, email@example.com, www.bobbers.com, www.nightfishing.com. Family-owned fishing tackle and supply company specializing in the manufacturing and sale of innovative fishing floats for both day and night, the Beacon brand of light sticks and battery products, and other fine fishing tackle. Follow them on Twitter at www.twitter.com/rodnbobbsinc or like them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/rodnbobbs. Resources: GI.
- Snag Proof Mfg. Inc., 11387 Deerfield Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45242. Contact: Harry Ehlers, president. (W) 513-489-6483, (Toll Free) 800-762-4773, (F) 513-489-0387, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.snagproof.com. Manufactures a variety of soft, hollow, plastic fishing lure shapes, weedless lures known for weedless frogs. Direct consumer inquiries to “Department OW” at the above address and phone. Resources: GIP.
- John Geiser