Proposed member listings include references to acronyms that relate to Skills, Subject Matter, and Sections. A key for those acronyms can be found here.
- Leslie Beard
- David T. Brown
- Zoe Carroll
- Donald M. Causey
- Whitney Clark
- Candice Gaukel Andrews
- Alan Hale
- Eugene R. Hill
- Cameron Mortenson
- Austin Orr
- Eva Shockey
- Nick Trehearne
Proposed New Members:
- John Allen, 45 Country Club Rd., Carlisle, PA 17015. (H) 717-512-5611, email@example.com. Regular contributor for Pennsylvania Angler & Boater Magazine and Pennsylvania Outdoor News. (Maribeth) Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Tom Tatum.
- Robert Amendola, HC6 Box 269, Doniphan, MO 63935. (H) 573-255-3018, (C) 573-660-3149, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.bobamendola.com. Published author, lecturer, writer and full-time student working on a degree in English at Three Rivers Community College in Poplar Bliff, Mo. Conducts hunting seminars. Hunter safety instructor for Missouri Department of Conservation. (Mary) Skills: BILOW, Subject Matter: CFR. Applying for Student Membership; sponsored by Derrick Miller.
- Dominic J. Ballard, BallardStockPhoto.com, 1297 Kane Circle, P.O. Box 1343, Red Lodge, MT 59068. (C) 406-696-9841, email@example.com. Freelance writer with credits in Colorado Outdoors, Carbon County News and others. Contributing photographer, BallardStockPhoto.com. Skills: S, Subject Matter: ACGJLMOSU, Sections: MPV. Applying for Associate Membership; sponsored by Lisa Densmore.
- Rod Hamilton, 1696 Sussex Dr., Courtenay, BC Canada V9N4A9. (W) 250-871-3113, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.diyflatsfishing.com. Owner of website diyflatsfishing.com and blog diybonefishing.com. Author of soon to-be-released book, “Do It Yourself Bonefishing.” (Kim) Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Don Causey.
- Bradley C. Isles, 147 Swain Hill Rd., Harmony, PA 16037. (H) 724-967-2832, email@example.com, www.bradisles.com. Newsletter editor, webmaster and board member, Pennsylvania Outdoor Writers Association. Newsletter editor and chairman of the communications committee, Pennsylvania Council of Trout Unlimited. Web content and social media manager, Grove City College office of marketing and communications. Former editor in chief, Allied News; and sports reporter and assistant sports editor, The (Sharon) Herald. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Ben Moyer.
- Dr. Kevin C. Kelleher, 5421 Levi Rd., Roanoke, VA 24018. (H) 540-989-7256, (W) 540-777-4000, firstname.lastname@example.org. Author and illustrator, “Tenkara: Radically Simple, Ultralight Fly Fishing.” Tenkara USA certified guide and tenkara instructor. (Michelle) Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Mark S. Taylor.
- Janet Lebson, Glint, 15101 NE 22nd Ave., Vancouver, WA 98686. (C) 360-355-6855, (W) 360-314-4234, email@example.com, www.glintcommunications.com. Consultant in communications in the field of conservation and outdoor recreation. Current clients are U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, American Sportfishing Association and RoadNoise Sports. (Jim) Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by S. Chris Hunt.
- Jessica McGlothlin, Fire Girl Photography, P.O. Box 411, Cascade, MT 59421. (H) 512-520-7104, (C) 512-520-7104, (W) 512-520-7104, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://firegirlphotography.com. Always had an affinity for the outdoors and travel. Calls Montana home after growing up in various locations across the United States and playing in the wide-open spaces of the West. Passionate writer and photographer who brings a unique, energetic perspective and approach to her work. Her written word is bold, bright and honest. Currently based on the road – splitting time between the rivers of the American West and Northwest and managing out of her Subaru – she works freelance but loves to travel and is available any time, any place for assignments. Work has appeared in variety of publications, including The Big Sky Journal, American Angler, Cowboys & Indians, American Cowboy, The Equine Journal, Horseman’s Yankee Pedlar, The Mountain Gazette, Outside Bozeman and others. Featured as one of American Cowboy magazine’s photographers of the year in 2011. Works closely with newspapers as she travels and has freelanced for papers from Texas to Montana. Her work has been featured in gallery shows in Germany and Israel, and commercial clients have included Starbucks, The Gig Harbor Fly Shop, Brazos Contractors, Backwoods, B-Sides MTX TV (Los Angeles), Montana Shakespeare in the Parks and international aid organization ShelterBox. Member, Lightstalkers and the National Press Photographer’s Association. Goal is to make the leap to international conflict journalism, but she plans to enjoy the journey that takes her there and shoot a plethora of good pictures along the way. She is available for contract, editorial and assignment work. Skills: CENOSW, Subject Matter: ABCDFGHJLOPRST, Sections: CMNP. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Katie McKalip.
- Steve A. Meyer, P.O. Box 2652, Kenai, AK 99611. (H) 907-252-0071, (W) 907-283-3125, email@example.com. Contributing editor, Hunt Alaska magazine. Outdoor columnist, Redoubt Reporter. Regular contributor, Fish Alaska magazine. (Christine Cunningham) Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Tim Mead.
- Graham Moran, 4638 S. Mobile Way, Aurora, CO 80015. (H) 303-520-8249, (W) 303-520-8249, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.tenkaragrasshopper.com. Helping to spread the word on tenkara as a viable form of fly-fishing as the head blogger of TenkaraGrasshopper.com. Not yet paid for his writings, but excited about the prospect. (Elizabeth Maria Flores) Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by S. Chris Hunt.
- Matthew Reilly, 164 Acorn Ct., Palmyra, VA 22963. (H) 434-589-1112, (C) 434-996-4067, (W) 434-996-4067, email@example.com, www.adventuresafield.blogspot.com. Outdoor columnist for a central Virginia, multi-county newspaper, The Rural Virginian. Staff member of the Viginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries Outdoor Report. Occasional contributor to the Virginia/Maryland magazine, Woods & Waters. Skills: CENOSW, Subject Matter: ABCDEFGHKLMNOPQRST, Sections: MNP. Applying for Student Membership; sponsored by Mark S. Taylor.
- Todd Tanner, 178 Wolf Creek Ranch Rd., Big Fork, MT 59911. (H) 406-837-6261, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.castingwest.com. A lifelong sportsman and former fly-fishing and big game guide. Has been published in a number of quality magazines, including Sporting Classics, Field & Stream, Fly Fisherman, Sports Afield, American Angler, Retriever Journal, Fish & Fly, Shooting Sportsman, Fly Fishing & Tying Journal, Bugle, The Fly Fisher, Bowman’s Journal, Montana Outdoors, Fly Tackle Dealer, Big Sky Journal and Fly Rod & Reel. Currently a senior editor and columnist at Sporting Classics magazine. Chairman of Conservation Hawks, an organization focused on defending our hunting and fishing, and passing along a healthy natural world to future generations of Americans. Lives in northwest Montana with his wife Molly, his son Kian, and their two golden retrievers. (Molly McCabe) Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Brett Prettyman.
New Supporting Groups, Agencies and Businesses
- Cortland Line Company, 3736 Kellogg Rd., Cortland, NY 13045. Contact: Brooks Robinson, public relations and social media manager. (W) 607-756-2851, (Toll Free) 800-847-6787, (F) 607-753-8835, email@example.com, www.cortlandline.com. Secondary contact: Mark Schindel, director of sportfishing, 845-255-5121, firstname.lastname@example.org. For nearly 100 years, Cortland Line has been designing and manufacturing the world’s innovative flyline, braided fishing line, monofilament, paracord and sportsman’s rope. Supporter Resources: GIP.
- Deerfield Fly Rods, 34 Clark Way, Southfield, MA 1259. Contact: Dave Sylvester, proprietor. (W) 413-229-8664, email@example.com, www.deerfieldflyrods.net. Advanced fly rod designs for 5-, 6-, 7- and 8-piece graphite fly rods that feature a new “power point” concept utilizing 9-inch inserts at the tip as well as above and/or below the mid-section for increased modulus, flex, distance and casting authority. Supporter Resources: P.
- R.L. Winston Rod Company, P.O. Box 411, 500 S. Main St., Twin Bridges, MT 59754. Contact: Leslie Clark, marketing. (W) 406-684-5674, (F) 406-684-5533, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.winstonrods.com. R.L. Winston Rod Co. is a leading manufacturer of premium boron, graphite and bamboo fly rods.
Reinstated Supporting Groups, Agencies and Businesses
- Carl Zeiss Optical Inc., North America Sports Optics Division, 711 Moorefield Park Dr., Bldg. E, North Chestefield, VA 23236. Contact: Joel Harris, marketing communications manager. (W) 804 425 8466, (Toll Free) 800-441-3005, (F) 804 530 8481, email@example.com, http://www.zeiss.com/sports. Based in Oberkochen, Germany, the Carl Zeiss Group is a global leader in the optical and opto-electronic industries and an innovative, research-intensive, high-tech company. As part of the Carl Zeiss Group, Germany, Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc., Chester, Va., is responsible for sales, marketing and distribution of ZEISS sports optics, such as binoculars, spotting scopes, riflescopes and laser rangefinders, throughout the United States. For more information, visit zeiss.com/sports or call 1-800-441-3005. ZEISS products are sold in more than 100 countries. Supporter Resources: GI.
- David J. Richey