- Travis Hall
- S.P. Fjestad
- Jackson Landers
- Gord Nuttall
- Dr. David A. Sartwell
- Evan Swensen
Proposed New Members
- John Kruse, P.O. Box 4269, Wenatchee, WA 98807. (H) 509-664-6633, (W) 509-679-3886, firstname.lastname@example.org. Host and producer of “Northwestern Outdoors Radio,” heard on more than 30 stations in Washington, Oregon and Idaho. Author of “Great Places Washington,” a guide to outdoor recreation. Currently writing “Great Places Oregon.” (Michelle) Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Tim Christie.
- Bob Pitman, ClassicOutdoorMagazines.com, 5732 Fox Trail, Florence, MT 59833. (H) 406-552-2569, email@example.com. Retired from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service in 2010. Created an archival reference library of more than 160 early outdoor magazines from 1890-1940. Text-searchable PDFs are now preserved and presented in a format easily used by researchers as well as outdoor history readers to recognize the importance of sporting magazines in creating today’s great outdoor opportunities. Also publishes a companion blog examining history from the library to raise awareness about the importance of outdoor history to today’s outdoor users. (JoAnn) Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Craig Springer.
New Supporting Groups, Agencies and Businesses
- ViewRanger, 8 Magnolia Ave., Ste. G1, Asheville, NC 28801. Contact: Coral Darby, public relations representative. (W) 828-254-0914, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.viewranger.com/en-us. Apple and Android users who enjoy the outdoors now have a powerful, dedicated GPS navigation tool for hiking, mountain biking and any land activity with the new ViewRanger USA app. The app includes the highest quality topographic mapping for the United States, marked with 250,000 miles of trails that can be downloaded in advance and cached for access when cell phone coverage is unavailable.
- Philip Quade, 2824 Brentwood Blvd. NW, Calgary, AB T3A1A4, (H) 403-220-7298, (M) 403-819-1030, http://adventure-quade.blogspot.com, Sections: MNP. Skills: CNOSW, Subjects: GLP.
- Walter Dinkins, U.S. Navy, (M) 910-685-6845, www.joeguideoutfitters.com, www.redfishonafly.com, www.railhuntersbible.com, Sections: MPV. Skills: BLO, Subjects: BC.
- Neil “Old Hickory” Duell