December brought monetary gifts from generous donors. These tax-deductible donations are dedicated to funds designed to boost OWAA efforts ranging from education programs to operational costs. For details about OWAA funds, contact OWAA headquarters at 406-728- 7434.
- William F. Hollister
- Philip Larson
- Tim McKillop
- Kay Richey (IMO Dave Richey)
- Scott Stouder
- C. John Sullivan
- Spencer E. Turner
- Kathy Magers
- Craig L. Rieben
- Jesse Bussard
- Andrew D. Chicone
- Chuck Lichon
- Scott Morrison
- Kristen Schmitt
- Emily Stone
- Todd Wilkinson
Proposed New Members:
Proposed member listings include references to acronyms that relate to Skills, Subject Matter, and Sections. A key for those acronyms can be found here.
- Andrew J. Pegman, 1642 Windsor Dr., Mayfield Heights, OH 44124. (H) 440-655-4526, (W) 216-987-2360, (F) 216-987-2428, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://andrewjpegman.com. Published three articles in the past year for Ohio Outdoor News and has an upcoming article in the winter 2013-2014 edition of The Ohio Cardinal. Outdoors blog, www.andrewjpegman.com. Tenured professor of English, Cuyahoga Community College. (Amy) Skills: CNOW; Subject Matter: AOSU; Sections: Magazine, Newspaper. Applying for Associate Membership; sponsored by Chip Gross.
- Tom Seamons, 1258 N. 45 E., Idaho Falls, ID 83401. (H) 208-542-6423, (C) 208-251-4008, (F) 208-528-7455, email@example.com. (Kris) Skills: S; Subject Matter: ADIL; Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Kris Millgate.
- Joanie Straub, 4586 Bonne Femme Church Rd., Columbia, MO 65201. (H) 303-718-9953, (W) 573-815-7901, ext. 3872, (F) 573-815-7902, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.missouriconservation.org. Media relations specialist, Missouri Department of Conseravation’s central and northeast regions. Working in marketing and communications for over 18 years. Raised in southwest Missouri with an appreciation of the outdoors, she is discovering nature on a new and exciting level as she gets up close and personal and learns more about Missouri’s various animals, trees, plants, landscapes, etc. Not a day goes by that she doesn’t learn something new about how conservation makes Missouri a great place to hunt, fish and live! Which, in turn, she tries to make sure all mid-Missourians know through various media outreach, including press releases, print stories and work with local TV and radio stations. Hiking, crappie fishing, skiing, camping and canoeing are her favorite outdoor pursuits. Bachelor’s degree in broacast journalism from the University of Missouri and a master’s degree in technical communications from Colorado State University. Lives in Columbia, Mo. with her husband and two young sons. (Ian) Skills: OQTVW; Subject Matter: GLS; Sections: Media/Communications. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Bill Graham.
- Peter Van Horn, 151 River Butte Dr., Columbia Falls, MT 59912. (C) 406-890-0675, email@example.com. Student, The University of Montana school of journalism. Likes to explore the outdoors and photograph and write along the way. Skills: OS; Subject Matter: GLMS. Applying for Student Membership; sponsored by Nadia White.
- Jerry Chiappetta, Chiappetta Productions Inc., (Senior-Active Member) 7402 Heart Leaf Circle, Laurel, MD 20707. (H) 301-210-0414, (C) 240-330-7459, (W) 301-210-7459, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.wildharvestdvd.com. Winner of numerous awards as producer for ESPN Outdoors, Outdoor Life TV Network, Sports Afield TV, Michigan Sportsman, Michigan Outdoors and Jeep Outdoors TV programs and videos. (Rita) Skills: OT; Subject Matter: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTU; Sections: Magazine, Media/Communications, TV/Video.
- Margie Goldsmith, (Active Member) 301 E. 52nd St., Apt. 5-B, New York City, NY 10022. (H) 212-838-7058, (F) 212-838-0314, email@example.com, www.mgproductions.com. Contributing writer for Elite Traveler and travel blogger for Huffingtonpost.com. Contributor, Robb Report, Travelandleisure.com, Business Jet Traveler, Back Card Mag, American Way, Delta Sky, Hemispheres, Lexus, Mariner, Affluent Traveler, Private Clubs, National Geographic Traveler, Wine Enthusiast, Islands, MORE, Business Traveler, O the Oprah Magazine, Parade, Outside, New York Times, Washington Post, Dallas Morning News, Miami Herald, Christian Science Monitor and others. Author, “Screw Up,” Berkeley Press. Essays appear in Travelers Tales, In Search of Adventure: A Wild Travel Anthology, and National Geographic’s Sacred Places. Winner of 19 national writing awards in the last three years. Skills: BCELNOSW; Subject Matter: JLMNOS; Sections: Magazine, Newspaper, Photography, Radio, TV/Video.
- William McRae, (Senior-Active Member) P.O. Box 160, Choteau, MT 59422. (H) 406-466-5596, (W) 406-466-5596, firstname.lastname@example.org. (Mary) Skills: SW; Subject Matter: CDG.
New Supporting Groups, Agencies and Businesses:
Supporting Group listings include references to acronyms that relate to resources they provide. A key for those acronyms can be found at www.owaa.org/ou/about-owaa-supporter-resources.
- Backcountry Hunters and Anglers, P.O. Box 9257, Missoula, MT 59807. Contact: Caitlin Twohig, executive assistant. (W) 406-370-4235, (Toll Free) 406-370-4325, email@example.com, www.backcountryhunters.org. Backcountry Hunters & Anglers seeks to ensure America’s outdoor heritage of hunting and fishing in a natural setting, through education and work on behalf of wild public lands and waters. Supporter Resources: C.
- Far Bank Enterprises (Sage, Redington, RIO products), 8500 NE Day Rd., Bainbridge Island, WA 98110. Contact: Simon Gawesworth, RIO products marketing manager. (W) 206-842-6608, (Toll Free) 800-533-3004, (F) 206-842-6830, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.farbank.com. Far Banks is an integrated manufacturer and distributor of fly fishing products, including rods, fly reels, fly lines, leaders, tippets and performance outdoor apparel. Far Bank subsidiaries operate under the brand names of Sage, Redington and RIO. Supporter Resources: GP.
Reinstated Supporting Groups, Agencies and Businesses
- Mule Deer Foundation, 1939 S 4130 W, Suite H, Salt Lake City, UT 84104. Contact: Ray Crow, vice president of marketing. (W) 801-747-3344, (Toll Free) 1-888-375-DEER (3337), (F) 801-747-3345, email@example.com, www.muledeer.org. The Mule Deer Foundation is dedicated to the following goals: to restore, improve and protect mule deer habitat (including land and easement acquisitions) resulting in self-sustaining, healthy, free-ranging and huntable deer populations; to encourage and support responsible wildlife management with government agencies, private organizations and landowners; to promote public education and scientific research related to mule deer and wildlife management; to support and encourage responsible and ethical behavior and awareness of issues among those whose actions affect mule deer; and acknowledge regulated hunting as a viable component of mule and black-tailed deer conservation.
- Ed Stegner
- Lonnie Williamson