Welcome New Members
- Marc Anthony
- Aaron Derr
- Randall L. Gilbert
- Jeff Kelm
- Doug Montgomery
- Ryan Newhouse
- Thomas Whetten
Proposed New Members
- Christensen, Ben, 43864 FM 510, Laguna Vista, TX 78578. (H) 956-943-2510, (W) 956-433-1461, (F) 956-943-2510, firstname.lastname@example.org. Outdoor writer for three daily newspapers in south Texas: The Monitor, The Valley Morning Star and The Brownsville Herald. His columns and features are published every Sunday. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Jim Foster.
- Kepple, Robin, Wyoming Fish & Game Department, 3030 Energy Lane, Casper, WY 82604. (H) 719-641-7549, (W) 307-473-3409, (F) 307-473-3433, email@example.com. Information specialist for the Wyoming Game & Fish Department. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Chris Madson.
- Lintz, Timothy, 6086 Vassar Road, Grand Blanc, MI 48439. (H) 810-694-0084, (W) 248-813-2550, TNDlintz1@aol.com. An avid hunter and trainer of pointing dogs; owner of five German shorthaired pointers. Stories and photographs printed in Pointing Dog Journal and Retriever Journal, but most stories appear in Michigan Outdoor News. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Tom Huggler.
- Suiter, Wilber, P.O. Box 1852, Iowa City, IA 52244. (H) 319-628-4055, (W) 319-335-8624, Wilberfirstname.lastname@example.org. Suiter has been taking Iowa wildlife photographs for five years and recently started displaying and selling them. He also works as an electronic technician at the State University of Iowa. Applying for Associate Membership; sponsored by Rich Patterson.
- Brian O’Keefe
- Bill Thompson
- Frank Snare
- Dick Wolff
New Supporting Groups, Agencies and Businesses
- GoFastandLight.com, 2340 Gold River Road, No. F, Gold River, CA 95670. Contact: Patrick Dotterweich, owner. (W) 916-853-2267, (F) 916-853-2267, email@example.com, www.gofastandlight.com. Ultralight and lightweight items for backpackers, hikers, kayakers and other travelers who value useful, lightweight, compact tools and gear.
- Mule Deer Foundation, 404 E. 4500 South, Suite B-10, Salt Lake City, UT 84107. Contact: Ray Crow, vice president of marketing. (W) 801-747-3344, 1-888-375-DEER (3337), (F) 801-747-3345, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.muledeer.org. The Mule Deer Foundation is dedicated to the following goals: to restore, improve and protect mule deer habitat (including land and easement acquisitions) resulting in self-sustaining, healthy, free-ranging and huntable deer populations; to encourage and support responsible wildlife management with government agencies, private organizations and landowners; to promote public education and scientific research related to mule deer and wildlife management; to support and encourage responsible and ethical behavior and awareness of issues among those whose actions affect mule deer, and; acknowledge regulated hunting as a viable component of mule and black-tailed deer conservation.
- Ski Vermont, 26 State St., Montpelier, VT 05601. Contact: Jen Butson, director of public affairs. (W) 802-223-2439, (F) 802-229-6917, email@example.com, www.skivermont.com. The mission of Ski Vermont is to help create a legislative, economic and social environment in which Vermont’s ski industry prospers, by addressing issues such as the environment, economic and social contributions to Vermont and positioning the state as a winter tourism destination. ◊