January brought monetary gifts from generous donors. These tax-deductible donations are dedicated to funds designed to boost OWAA efforts ranging from education programs to operational costs. For details about OWAA funds, contact OWAA headquarters at 406-728- 7434.
- Judy A. Benson
- Paul M. Bruun
- Paula J. Del Giudice
- Will Elliott
- Chris Madson
- Grant McOmie
- Matthew L. Miller
- Vicki J. Mountz
- Rich Patterson
- Roy A. Welch
John Madson Fellowship Fund
- Paula J. Del Giudice
- Larry L. Kruckenberg
- Chris Madson
- Ben Moyer
- Luann Sewell Waters
Bodie McDowell Scholarship Fund
- Thomas M. Dillon
- Martin H. Garrell
- George Ingram
- Luann Sewell Waters
- Andrew J. Pegman
- Tom Seamons
- Joanie Straub
- Peter Van Horn
Proposed New Members:
Proposed member listings include references to acronyms that relate to Skills, Subject Matter, and Sections. A key for those acronyms can be found here.
- Paul J. Baicich, Great Birding Projects, P.O. Box 404, Oxon Hill, MD 20750. (C) 443-745-5179, (W) 410-992-9736, firstname.lastname@example.org. Columnist, Bird Watcher’s Digest. Co-editor, Birding Community e-bulletin. Co-author, “A Guide to the Nest, Eggs & Nestlings of North American Birds.” Former editor, Birding magazine. Skills: BCELOW; Subject Matter: LOU; Sections: Magazine, Media/Communications. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Katherine K. McKalip.
- Bob Bramblet, 10275 Pennsylvania Ave., Bonita Springs, FL 34135. (H) 239-498-0254, (C) 239-839-9893, email@example.com, www.bonitabobfishing.com. Founder and past president, Southwest Florida Kayak Angler’s Association (www.swfkaa.com). Writes kayak fishing articles and reviews for several online resources and kayak fishing magazines, including Florida Sportsman Magazine, YakAngler, KFC Tournament Trail Magazine, Kayak Angler Magazine. He can usually be found fishing his home waters of Estero Bay or Pine Island Sound, where he has been fishing for more than 20 years. Member, Hobie Fishing Team. Pro Staff, Estero River Outfitters, Bending Branches and Columbia Sportswear. (Bonny) Skills: CMNOSV; Subject Matter: ABL; Sections: Magazine, Photography. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Tim Mead.
- Preston Keck, 174 Rest Haven, Macon, GA 31204. (H) 706-264-3725, (C) 706-264-3725, (W) 706-264-3725, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://prestonkeck.wordpress.com. Freelance outdoor writer. Teaches school and works with youth to try to cultivate the next generation of outdoorsmen. (Carson) Skills: COW; Subject Matter: ABCDEL; Sections: Magazine. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Mark Freeman.
- Christopher Paparo, 153 S. River Rd., Calventon, NY 11933. (H) 631-591-1391, (W) 631-566-7858, email@example.com, www.fishguyphotos.com. Bachelor of science in marine biology. Manager, Marine Sciences Center at Stony Brook University. Wildlife photographer. New York and New Jersey colulmnist, On the Water magazine. Freelance writer for several other publications. (Candyce) Skills: LW; Subject Matter: BCDFKSU; Sections: Magazine Photography. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Angelo Peluso.
- Ryan Roberts, National Fish Habitat Partnership, 444 N. Capitol St. NW, Ste. 725, Washington, DC 20001. (W) 202-624-5851, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.fishhabitat.org. Communications coordinator, National Fish Habitat Partnership. Committee staff, Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies. (Shari) Skills: Q; Subject Matter: ABKOR; Sections: Media/Communications. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Chris Hunt.
- Paul Vertrees, 4510 State Hwy. 9, Cañon City, CO 81212. (C) 719-431-1875, (W) 719-276-5891, email@example.com, www.tenkaratracks.blogspot.com. A fifth-generation native Coloradan. Has been fly-fishing for more than 20 years, and a few years ago he embraced tenkara, the traditional Japanese method of fly fishing. Extensive experience in lightweight backpacking and backcountry angling on remote streams and high lakes. Became one of only a handful of certified professional tenkara guides in the state of Colorado in 2012. Blog, Tenkara Tracks, with guest articles on Tenkara USA’s website, Colorado Backcountry Hunters and Anglers website, Backcountry Journal, “Tenkara Fly Fishing: Insights and Strategies.” Contributing writer, Tenkara Magazine. Provided presentations and demos for Backcountry Hunters and Anglers North American Rendezvous and the Denver Fly Fishing Show. Pike National Forest representative, Backcountry Hunters and Anglers. Co-founded the first high school fly -fishing club in the state of Colorado, and serves as the staff sponsor. Teaches and coaches at Canon City High School. Lives with his wife and three daughters in the rugged hills northwest of Cañon City, Colo., within a stone’s throw of the Arkansas River. (Mary) Skills: CLOW; Subject Matter: ACGPS; Sections: Magazine. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Chris Hunt.
- Dusty Wissmath, 18116 Raven Rocks Rd., Bluemont, VA 20135. (H) 540-220-9283, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://dwflyfishingschool.com. Director, Dusty Wissmath’s Fly Fishing School and Guide Service. Adjunct faculty, fly fishing, George Mason University. Photographer, still and video writer. Credits, The Drake, Eastern Fly Fishing, Discover and other periodicals. Outdoor columnist, Clarke County Observer. Skills: LNOSW; Subject Matter: ABCDFGMOQ; Sections: Magazine, Newspaper, Photography, TV/Video. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Chris Hunt.
- Daniel Bacher, Fish Sniffer Magazine, (Active) 3201 Eastwood Rd., Sacramento, CA 95821. (H) 916-487-4405, (W) 916-725-0728, email@example.com, www.fishsniffer.com. Editor, Fish Sniffer Magazine. Writer, North American Fisherman magazine, Appeal-Democrat newspaper. Skills: ELNW; Subject Matter: ABLORS; Sections: Magazine, Newspaper Photography, Radio.
- Phil H. Shook, (Active) 8 Elkan Rd., Larchmont, NY 10538-3303. (H) 914-833-2231, (W) 914-833-2231, (F) 914-834-7348, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.bexarfly.com. Regional editor, Eastern Flyfishing Magazine. Contributor, Saltwater Fly Fishing, Texas Sporting Journal, Texas Parks & Wildlife, Tide, Southwest Fly Fishing, Fly Fishing in Salt Waters, Fly Rod & Reel and others. FFF certified fly casting instructor. (Kit) Skills: BELNOSW; Subject Matter: ABCLORT; Sections: Photography.
- Suzanne Sullivan, Wildview, (Associate) 370 McNary Ridge Rd., Burbank, WA 99323. (C) 509-531-1111, (W) 509-546-2000, (F) 509-546-2001, email@example.com. Public relations for outdoor companies, guide services, manufacturers. Writes articles and press releases. (Paul) Skills: LOQW; Subject Matter: CERST; Sections: Photography, TV/Video.
- John Tyson, John Tyson Photography, (Active) 133 Buffalo Trail, Asheville, NC 28805. (C) 907-351-1696, (W) 828-333-4992, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.johntysonphotography.com. Fancy Publications, TFH Publications, McFadden Publications, Bowtie, Avalanche Publications, Falcon Guides. Workshop leader and environmental conservation educator. (Madelyn) Skills: ABS; Subject Matter: GOQS; Sections: Magazine, Photography.
- Jeffrey S. Waring, (Active) 800 Chester Rd., Enola, PA 17025. (H) 717-796-0110, (W) 717-695-8080, (F) 717-657-9552, email@example.com. (Shelley) Skills: P; Subject Matter: F.
The following members have successfully passed the review of their member credentials:
- Dennis L. Clay
- John P. McCoy
- Grant McOmie
- Kris Millgate
- Dave Smith
- Rick Taylor
- Garnet Wilson
New Supporting Groups, Agencies and Businesses:
- Ernst Conservation Seeds, 8884 Mercer Pike, Meadville, PA 16335. Contact: Randy Ferguson, director of marketing and communications. (W) 814-336-2404, (Toll Free) 800-873-3321, (F) 814-336-5191, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.ernstseed.com. Specialize in nature and naturalized seeds, mixes and bioengineering materials for resoration, reclamation, conservation and wildlife habitat. Supporter Resources: CIOP.
- The Orvis Company Inc., 178 Conservation Way, Sunderland, VT 05250. Contact: Tom Rosenbauer, marketing manager. (W) 802-325-2189, email@example.com, www.orvis.com. Makers of the finest fly-fishing gear since 1856. We make our own fly rods in Manchester, Vt., and source and design all other fly-fishing products. Supporter Resources: CGIOP.
Reinstated Supporting Groups, Agencies and Business
- Beaumont Convention & Visitors Bureau, 505 Willow Street, Beaumont, TX 77701. Contact: Stephanie Molina, director, marketing and public relations. (W) 409-880-3749, (Toll Free) 800-392-4401, (F) 406-880-3750, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.beaumontcvb.com. Secondary contact: Ashley White, online communications manager, email@example.com. Beaumont’s claim to fame began with the discovery of oil at Spindletop, but it’s not the only natural resource we’re blessed to have. The Big Thicket Preserve, dense Piney Woods, sandy beaches, wild rivers and shallow wetlands set the scene for unmatched birding, fishing, paddling and many more outdoor activities. Supporter Resources: O.
- Wildlife Research Center Inc., 14485 Azurite Street, NW, Ramsey, MN 55303. Contact: Ron Bice, communications director. (W) 763-427-3350, (Toll Free) 800-873-5873, (F) 763-427-8354, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.wildlife.com. Makers of genuine Wildlife Research Center scents, scent elimination and scent dispenser products. Will cheerfully provide information and photos on Wildlife Research Center hunting scents products!
- Winnebago Industries Inc., P.O. Box 152, Forest City, IA 50436. Contact: Sheila Davis, public relations and international relations manager. (W) 641-585-6731, (F) 641-585-6966, email@example.com, www.winnebagoind.com. Winnebago, the most recognized name in motorhomes, is a leading U.S. manufacturer of recreational vehicles, which are used primarily in leisure travel and outdoor recreation activities. The company and its subsidiary build quality motorhomes, travel trailers and fifth wheel products under the Winnebago, Itasca, Era and SunnyBrook brand names. Supporter Resources: DP.
- Ross H. Shickler Ed.D.