- John Allen
- Robert Amendola
- Dominic J. Ballard
- Rod Hamilton
- Bradley C. Isles
- Dr. Kevin C. Kelleher
- Janet Lebson
- Jessica McGlothlin
- Steve A. Meyer
- Graham Moran
- Matthew Reilly
- Todd Tanner
Proposed New Members:
Proposed member listings include references to acronyms that relate to Skills, Subject Matter, and Sections. A key for those acronyms can be found here.
- Alan Alborn, 7310 Kurt Kahn Trail, Manassas, VA 20112. (H) 703-791-8260, (C) 703-629-3679, email@example.com, www.troutbumva.blogspot.com. Alborn is a trout bum these days. Spends his time focusing on chasing native brook trout in the headwaters of Virginia’s Appalachian Mountains and other places. Along the way, pays attention to the state of Virginia’s environment, its water quality and how the many critters that call the Commonwealth their home are doing. Contributing editor, Potomaclocal.com, an occasional video guest on a local internet news outlet, presents to local groups on outdoor subjects, and manages four blogs. Very active in local politics with an emphasis on environmental issues. Has served on the last two Prince William County Strategic Planning Teams (2007 and 2012), provided input to its comprehensive plan, environmental chapter, and served on the Occoquan Watershed Overlay District Committee. Has also given written opinions to the U.S. Department of Game and Inland Fisheries regarding its refuge system, and Virginia’s Department of Environmental Quality regarding the Chesapeake Bay Implementation Act. Certified as a Virginia Master Naturalist, a Virginia Cooperative Extension Master Gardener and an Audubon Society of Northern Virginia Audubon Ambassador. Has served on the boards of the local Extension office and ASNV. Member, Appalachian Trails Conservancy, Trout Unlimited, Loudoun Nature Conservancy, Prince William Trails and Streams Coalition, Audubon Naturalist Society, Audubon Society, and several other environmental groups. (Emiko) Skills: BCDLNOQSW, Subject Matter: ADGKLNOPRS, Sections: CMNPV. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Beau Beasley.
- Michael Hamilton, TroutDogs LLC, 1624 N. 54th St., Seattle, WA 98103. (C) 206-914-4290, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.troutdogs.com. Outdoor freelance writer for global fly-fishing magazines, both print and online. Voice actor for audio books, video and commercials. (Pam Beyette) Skills: OW, Subject Matter: ABLO. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Mark Freeman.
- Judith Kohler, National Wildlife Federation, 2995 Baseline Rd., Ste. 300, Boulder, CO 80303. (H) 303-733-8533, (C) 720-315-0855, (W) 303-441-5163, (F) 303-786-8911, email@example.com, http://ourpubliclands.org. Communications manager for public lands for the National Wildlife Federation’s regional office in Boulder, Colo. On the communications team for Sportsmen for Responsible Energy Development. Content producer, SFRED and Our Public Lands websites. (David Zalubowski) Skills: CEIO, Subject Matter: GMNORS. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Katie McKalip.
- Kirk Mantay, River Mud Blog, 6113 Maylane Dr., Baltimore, MD 21212. (H) 443-935-5199, (C) 443-935-5199, (W) 443-935-5199, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://rivermud.blogspot.com. Since 2007, has been the chief writer and site administrator of the River Mud Blog, an outdoors-focused website primarily dedicated to Mid-Atlantic and East Coast hunting, fishing, and outdoors pursuits. Writing has also been featured in The Roanoke Times and newsletters of various small organizations like the Virginia Native Plant Society. Employed as a wetland biologist since 1997, has focused on habitat restoration since 2003, and has worked solely in the environmental nonprofit field since early 2006. His positions at Ducks Unlimited, the Chesapeake Bay Trust, and the South River Federation have required significant public outreach through targeted online and print communications pieces to project funders, environmental regulators, the hunting and fishing community, and the general public. Serves as an adjunct professor at local community colleges, teaching courses in environmental science, ecology and geography. He enjoys spending his free time outdoors on the Delmarva Peninsula with his wife Amy and their son Henry. (Amy) Skills: CILO, Subject Matter: ACDFJKLOQRS, Sections: C. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Jackson Landers.
- Wade Nelson, Hardcore Outdoor LLC, 7873 E. Softwind Dr., Scottsdale, AZ 85255. (W) 480-343-2258, email@example.com, www.hardcoreoutdoor.com. Editor of HardcoreOutdoor.com. Gear forum moderator for MonsterMuleys.com. Contributor to Western Hunter magazine on gear and search and rescue subjects. Technical rescue training instructor with Desert Rescue Research. Retired airborne search and rescue tech and EMT and rescue training coordinator, Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office Aviation Division. Former commander of Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office Mountain Rescue Team. 35 years of backcountry experience. Favorite activities include hunting, backpacking, trail running, mountaineering, snow skiing, mountain biking, trail riding, and ATVing. (Rebecca) Skills: CDEILOW, Subject Matter: CDGHLMP, Sections: CM. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Mary J. Nickum.
- Trampas Swanson, .22 Shooter Magazine, 13526 War Admiral Ct., Jacksonville, FL 32218. (C) 252-314-6525, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.22-shooter.com. Staff writer, .22 Shooter Magazine. Contributing writer, Raider Magazine. Owner of Swanson Armory LLC, www.swansonarmory.com. Retired sheriff department SWAT sniper in North Carolina. (Candace) Skills: W, Subject Matter: CD, Sections: M. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Bruce Cochran.
New Supporting Groups, Agencies and Businesses:
Supporting Group listings include references to acronyms that relate to resources they provide. A key for those acronyms can be found at
- BeKOOOL, 513 Hill Rd., Dalton, GA 30721. Contact: Ted Conley, chief marketing officer. (W) 706-226-1815, email@example.com, www.BeKOOOL.com. BeKOOOL is a complete family of products designed to add comfort and relief for the entire family. BeKOOL’s new itch relief patches provide fast-acting, targeted, medicated relief from itching due to insect bites, poison ivy, minor skin irritation, cuts and scrapes. Supporter Resources: GP.
- Deneki Outdoors LLC, 116 NW 60th St., Seattle, WA 98107. Contact: Andrew Bennett, president. (W) 425-985-5938, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.deneki.com. “We run fishing lodges.”
- National Rifle Association of America, 11250 Waples Mill Rd., Fairfax, VA 22030. Contact: Andrew Arulanandam, director, ILA public relations. (W) 703-267-38220, (F) 703-267-3907, email@example.com, www.nra.org, www.nraila.org. Promotes and defends the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
- Sam Hossler, www.samhosslerwriter.com
- James Cummins, P.O. Box 187, Amory, MS 38821
- Lamb, Bob, (1996) (Senior-Active) 1911 Viking Ave., Holmen, WI 54636, (H) 608-526-3925, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.boblamboutdoors.com. Producer and broadcaster of weekly, live one hour call-in outdoors radio show. Design consultant. Freelance outdoors writer and photographer. Sections: NRV. (Kathy) Skills: CDEOSV. Subject Matter: ACDFGIJKLMOPRST.