Bicycling, the world’s leading bike magazine, seeks an energetic and creative Associate Editor to join our staff in Emmaus, PA.
Members, remember to log in to view the rest of this post.
Bicycling, the world’s leading bike magazine, seeks an energetic and creative Associate Editor to join our staff in Emmaus, PA. This person will be responsible for pitching, assigning, and editing stories for both print and digital related to cycling gear, fitness, nutrition, maintenance, travel, culture, and additional topics that inspire and motivate our readers. The ideal candidate is stoked about bikes; has proven editorial sensibilities; possesses creative vision; and enjoys working with writers, editors, and designers. The candidate should also be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, juggle various tasks at once, focus on details, and work well with individuals at all levels in the company.
- Conceptualize, assign, and edit magazine and digital stories
- Cultivate and work with a pool of top-notch freelance writers, reporters, and influencers who are steeped in cycling
- Write engaging and effective display and body copy
- Provide reporting and background research for stories and related Bicycling projects
- Assist with the development and execution of branded products, e-commerce, and digital initiatives
- Actively participate in editorial staff meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Represent Bicycling at industry events
Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, or similar
- A minimum of two years editing experience in a fast-paced print and digital environment
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and work independently
- Enthusiasm for publishing and the creative process
- An interest in the cycling lifestyle, or the willingness to embrace it
About Rodale Inc. Rodale Inc. is a global health and wellness content company based in Emmaus, Pennsylvania and New York, New York. Known for launching the organic movement in the U.S. in 1942, the company operates today with a mission to “inspire health, healing, happiness and love in the world. Starting with you.” Home to a broad portfolio of best-in-class brands, Rodale engages more than 100 million people globally through an array of products and services that include magazines, books, online, mobile, e-commerce, direct-to-consumer, social, video and events. With 100 editions in 67 countries, Rodale publishes the largest, most established health and wellness lifestyle brands, including Men’s Health, Prevention, Women’s Health, Runner’s World, Bicycling, and Rodale’s Organic Life. Rodale Books is the premier destination for wellness content with a purpose, publishing conversation-changing titles that include Jessica Alba’s The Honest Life, Alicia Silverstone’s The Kind Diet, former Vice President Al Gore’s An Inconvenient Truth, Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz’s Onward, Maria Rodale’s Organic Manifesto and Scratch, and Dave Asprey’s The Bulletproof Diet. The Rodale Books website, RodaleWellness.com, is a content and community hub where visitors can find inspiration and information from the world’s top wellness experts. Rodale also produces numerous branded experiences that draw more than 100,000 participants annually. Rodale is a certified member of The Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and has received numerous industry accolades, including spots on Folio’s Top Places to Work in Media and Greatist’s Healthiest Companies in America lists, and has also been recognized as one of the Top 100 Best Adoption Friendly Workplaces.
To apply visit https://recruiting.ultipro.com/ROD1002/JobBoard/90557af0-74c6-7054-79a7-ce77628a4c45/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=286b0e70-5737-4c31-b926-6ef76a64f249