Proposed New Members
- Baker, Patrick, 289 Valley St. N.W., Abingdon, VA 24210. (H) 276-870-2988, (W) 276-623-4406, (F) 276-623-5526, firstname.lastname@example.org. (Karen) Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Mark Taylor.
- Bennett, Ron, 4330 Oakview Lane North, Plymouth, MN 55442. (H) 763-553-3084, email@example.com. After 28 years in the medical device industry, he started his own photography business. Bennett has been involved primarily in sports and nature photography. Bennett covers outdoor activities including pond hockey, crosscountry ski races, triathlons and team sports. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Russ Lowthian.
- Johnson, Curt J., 121 Seventh Place, Suite 100, St. Paul, MN 55101. (W) 651-757-1851, (F) 651-296-7095, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.exploreminnesota.com. Johnson is an active member and current member of the board of directors for the Association of Great Lakes Outdoor Writers (AGLOW). He works with outdoor media (print and electronic) on outdoor projects including fishing, hunting, skiing, snowmobiling, etc. Johnson handles all media relations for annual Governor’s Fishing Opener, which attracts some 125 media statewide and nationwide; Governor’s Deer Opener; Governor’s Snowmobile Ride and all outdoor media needs. Johnson also serves as an interview guest for all print and electronic media on Minnesota outdoor interests. He writes the blog “All Outdoors Minnesota,” found on www.areavoices.com, which is carried by the Forum Communications (38 newspapers) and others across the country Johnson also writes weekly reports on fishing, hunting, trails, hiking, skiing, snowmobiling and ATV riding for the company Web site and other media across the country. Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Bob Whitehead.
- Mathieson, Elizabeth, 62 Wynyard Crescent, Fernhill, Queenstown, Otago 9300 New Zealand. (H) 00-64-34428229, (W) 00-64-212617847, email@example.com. Student of the North American School of Outdoor Writing. Applying for Student Membership; sponsored by Roger Brunt.
- Presnell, Kevin, 300 S. Madison Ave., Suite 401, Greenwood, IN 46142. (H) 317-752-6880, (W) 317-865-8818, (F) 317-534-6995, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.presnellsportingcollection.com. Since early childhood, Presnell has had a passion for the outdoors. He is an avid hunter and fisherman, and derives immense pleasure from introducing others to his unique values associated with the sporting world. Presnell is the originator of the Presnell Sporting Collection model. His insight fully utilized basic real estate and business principles to create a new vehicle that conveniently provides access to the pinnacle of sporting and leisure travel experiences. Presnell is a board member and is actively involved in the Presnell Family Foundation and the Outdoor Wish program. (Sheila) Applying for Associate Membership; sponsored by Kevin Rhoades.
- Workman, James, 245 Downey Str., San Francisco, CA 94117. (W) 415-728-3494, email@example.com. After five years as a conservation/political journalist in Washington, D.C., I was a speech writer for U.S. Interior Secretary Bruce Babbitt. Workman wrote about water resources in Africa and Asia for seven years, and most recently published a book on it, “Heart of Dryness” (2009). (Vanessa) Applying for Active Membership; sponsored by Tom Stienstra.
- Beth Ann Amico, 12601 S.E. 15th St., Choctaw, OK 73020. (H) 405-769-4108, (W) 405-769-4108, (F) 405-769-7842, firstname.lastname@example.org. Pro retriever trainer/owner, Deep Fork Retrievers. Member, Professional Retriever Trainers and Dog Writers Associations. Gun Dog Editor, Labrador Retriever Club, Inc. Retriever training demos for retailers and hunting shows.
- Jim Braaten, 41938 Highway 56 Blvd., Nerstrand, MN 55053-3314. (H) 507-789-6916, (W)507-789-5189, (F) 507-789-5846, email@example.com. Owner of a calendar publishing company, creating nature and outdoor-oriented printed products sold throughout North America.
- Tim Duffy, P.O. Box 125, Hayward, WI 54843. (H) 415-634-5100, (Cell) 715-563-0073, firstname.lastname@example.org. Producer of “Sportsman’s Headquarters Show” aired on WRLS 92.3 FM in Hayward, WI. Pro-staff member of Mirro-Craft Boats.
- James (Jake) Eisenman, 307 Main St., Suite 200, Port Washington, NY 11050. (H) 516-944-6882.
New Supporting Groups, Agencies and Businesses:
- Hunt Fish Buddy, 771 Fife Way, Sunnyvale, CA 94087. Contact: Murali Srinivasan, president. (W) 408-857-7001, email@example.com, www.huntfishbuddy.com. Fast and easy access to outdoor information for all states categorized by activity, information type and service: season dates, rules, regulations, permits online, bag limits, guide services, water temp and tide info, NGOs, sunrise/sunset tables and much more! Using their StayInformed, you can subscribe to and automatically receive email notifications when fishing and hunting regulations change. They monitor the change process so you don’t have to. Hook up with like-minded outdoor enthusiasts by sharing stories, photos, videos along with “how to” and “where to” recommendations and ideas.
- PiSAT Solar, 128 Coldbrook Street N.E., Grand Rapids, MI 49503. Contact: Kelly Smallegan-Mass, public relations counsel. (W) 616-233-0500, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.pisatsolar.com. At PiSAT, wthey believe in providing energy efficient products that work and are built to last. PiSAT puts quality and ecology together. Their first product, the K-Light Solar Lantern, not only uses the earth’s cleanest and most available energy source while it casts a brilliant light, it also improves lives in developing nations. That’s PiSAT’s quality and ecology – for the world.
- Pro-Ears/Altus Brands LLC Company, 484 W. Welch Court, Traverse City, MI 49686. Contact: Richard Walton, Hawk Associates, 2322 W. Labriego Dr., Tucson, AZ 85741. (W) 231-421-3810, (Toll Free) 800-891-3660, (F) 231-421-3812, email@example.com, www.proears.com. Only Pro Ears models of electronic hearing protection/amplification muffs feature dynamic level sound compression (DLSC) technology. This technology allows the wearer to hear every sound even during high volume noise spikes. Ridgeline’s DLSC technology protects hearing, while at the same time allows the wearer to hear lower volume sounds such as normal conversation. DLSC works by instantly compressing all noises over the 70 decibel threshold by 50 percent to a safe level while amplifying all sounds below that to 70 decibels.
- ShowSpan, Inc., 2121 Celebration Drive N.E., Grand Rapids, MI 49525. Contact: Adam Starr, Show Manager. (W) 616-447-2860, (Toll Free) 800-328-6550, (F) 616-447-2861, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.showspan.com. ShowSpan has more than 60 years experience producing successful consumer shows. Over the years, ShowSpan has earned the trust of the public, the respect of exhibitors and the confidence of its promotional partners.
Reinstated Supporting Groups, Agencies and Businesses
- San Diego Sportfishing Council, 2171 India St., Suite E., San Diego, CA 92101. Contact: Catherine Miller. (W) 619-234-8791, (F) 619-234-8605, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.sportfishing.org. The Port of San Diego is home to the world’s largest and most modern sport-fishing fleet, providing first-class accommodations and unparalleled access to some of the most exciting saltwater sport fishing in the world. ◊