The ideal candidate has experience reporting and editing news content as well as experience producing evergreen/service content.
Members, remember to log in to view the rest of this post.
Rodale is seeking to be in charge of daily news and assist with service-related content at Runner’s World. The ideal candidate has experience reporting and editing news content as well as experience producing evergreen/service content.
Runnersworld.com provides news and information about a variety of topics related to running, including elite athletes, everyday runners, races, studies and research, the industry, companies, trends, nutrition, shoes and gear, health and injuries, training and motivation.
We are seeking someone with an interest in health and fitness in general, and running in particular. Intimate familiarity with the web and social media, a positive attitude, relentless curiosity, a knack for thinking creatively, an eye for detail, and the ability to work well as part of a small team is strongly desired. This position is based in Emmaus, PA, though a part-time schedule in our New York office would be considered for the right candidate.
- Staying abreast of viral content, news, trends, and pop culture, and responding quickly to deliver this content to readers
- Working with online editors, magazine editors, contributors, freelancers, and others to produce articles, photos, videos, audio, and other content that help people improve their running lives
- Developing coverage plans for big events, such as the major marathons and track meets, and for breaking news
- Planning and producing a mix of news and information on a daily basis
- Regularly conceiving and editing originally reported pieces that advance Runner’s World’s mission as the leading authority on running
- Assisting the site director in day-to-day duties
- Contributing in other ways to the daily production of runnersworld.com and other platforms
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in English or journalism
- Minimum of threeyears of experience in daily newsgathering or service journalism, preferably in a digital capacity
- Strong news judgment
- Speed, accuracy, and flexibility in producing content in all formats, including text, photography, video, and audio
- The ability to distill and curate information
- A strong attention to detail, especially in grammar, spelling, and structure
- Knowledge of specific areas of the sport of running
- Familiarity with running-related entities
- Familiarity with digital publishing, such as SEO and analytics
About Rodale Inc. Rodale Inc. is a global health and wellness content company based in Emmaus, Pennsylvania and New York, New York. Known for launching the organic movement in the U.S. in 1942, the company operates today with a mission to “inspire health, healing, happiness and love in the world. Starting with you.” Home to a broad portfolio of best-in-class brands, Rodale engages more than 100 million people globally through an array of products and services that include magazines, books, online, mobile, e-commerce, direct-to-consumer, social, video and events. With 100 editions in 67 countries, Rodale publishes the largest, most established health and wellness lifestyle brands, including Men’s Health, Prevention, Women’s Health, Runner’s World, Bicycling, and Rodale’s Organic Life. Rodale Books is the premier destination for wellness content with a purpose, publishing conversation-changing titles that include Jessica Alba’s The Honest Life, Alicia Silverstone’s The Kind Diet, former Vice President Al Gore’s An Inconvenient Truth, Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz’s Onward, Maria Rodale’s Organic Manifesto and Scratch, and Dave Asprey’s The Bulletproof Diet. The Rodale Books website, RodaleWellness.com, is a content and community hub where visitors can find inspiration and information from the world’s top wellness experts. Rodale also produces numerous branded experiences that draw more than 100,000 participants annually. Rodale is a certified member of The Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and has received numerous industry accolades, including spots on Folio’s Top Places to Work in Media and Greatist’s Healthiest Companies in America lists, and has also been recognized as one of the Top 100 Best Adoption Friendly Workplaces.
Visit https://recruiting.ultipro.com/ROD1002/JobBoard/90557af0-74c6-7054-79a7-ce77628a4c45/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=e7b1b4ce-067f-4b11-8332-bbbfadc4c865 to apply