OWAA presents its first-ever virtual conference – and virtual membership meeting!
- Membership Meeting – Thursday, June 25 (7 :00 PM ET)
- Virtual Conference – Friday & Saturday, June 26-27 (2:00-10:00 PM ET, and 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM ET, respectively)
While our in-person conference was postponed until July 9-12, 2021 (at beautiful Jay Peak Resort in Vermont), we’re excited to hold a virtual membership meeting and a one-and-a-half-day online conference event this year. The content of the conference-style event will be a mix of newsmaker and craft improvement sessions and it will include EIC awards and Annual OWAA awards.
If you’re a conference regular, you will find favorite sessions like “Meet the Editors,” breaking outdoor and conservation news and expert presentations on photography, digital media, book publishing and more. If you’ve never been to a conference, this is a perfect introduction to our dynamic professional development programming. We are working with a digitally savvy committee to devise the most informative and entertaining (and logistically seamless) conference possible.
We will continue to be in touch as we confirm other key elements of the event, including:
- Award presentation formats
- Photo scavenger hunt
- Sponsors (and possible virtual exhibit areas)
- Possible online auction
- Evening socializing, games and other fun
We believe this virtual event will offer members an easily accessible chance to improve their skills, collect story ideas and reconnect with familiar faces – all within the comfort and safety of their own homes. We hope you plan to attend, will share the event on social and help spread the word by inviting your outdoor media friends!
Rates for the virtual conference:
- OWAA Members: Early bird rate – $75 (after June 8 the rate will increase to $95)
- Members of State & Regional Outdoor Media Groups: $95 ($115 after June 8)
- Soon-to-be-Members: $115 ($135 after June 8)
Registration for the virtual conference is now open! Click here to register now! Note that the Membership Meeting will be FREE for all current OWAA members and supporters.