Learn more about hot topic issues in the outdoors, improve communication skills (or gain new ones!) and network with editors and publishers, outdoor industry representatives and other communicators in the field. Don’t miss these great opportunities:
Ask the Editors
- Hear book publishers and acquisitions editors of outdoors publications discuss their editorial needs and how to sell your work. Get insider tips, ask questions and then get face time at the meet and greet to follow. Clip boxes will be available for you to leave work samples for each editor.
- Try out the latest and greatest in outdoor gear at the Little Rock Bass Pro Shops store. Join outdoor industry representatives as they demo their latest products for you to test and ask questions.
Field Skills Day
- Get afield on Monday morning for shooting, fishing and driving demos as well as field skills stations on Dutch oven cooking, field dog training and more
Join wildlife experts, industry association CEOs and more for sessions covering local and national issues facing wildlife, sportsmen and outdoor enthusiasts today. Generate story material, interview key sources and make contacts for future work. 2018 sessions included:
- Recreation Access on Public Lands
- Asian Carp: The Front-Line Fight
- Fixing Hunting’s Declining Numbers
- Wildlife Diseases: Chronic Wasting Disease
- Understanding the Magnuson-Stevens Act
Craft Improvement/Business Sessions
Make more money, sign better contracts, take better photos, find new markets – our goal is always to help you learn to improve your business and make more money at each conference. 2018 sessions included:
- Travel Writing the Outdoors
- How to Edit Your Writing Before Others See It
- Pitch Critique
- Media Relations: Networking for the Long Game
- Meet the Publishers and Publicists
- Drone Photography
- Financial Planning for Outdoor Professionals
Early-bird pricing until May 4!
Categories & Fees per Person
May 5 – June 21
|Member/Partner/Spouse/Guest (Single Day)||$85/day||$100/day|
* “Nonmember Full 3 Day” registration includes price of OWAA Membership dues for the second half of 2019
If you have any questions about registering for our upcoming conference, email Jessica Seitz at jseitz[at]owaa.org or call 406-728-7434.