Runner’s World seeks a skilled audio producer for a new podcast.
Members, remember to log in to view the rest of this post.
Runner’s World seeks a skilled audio producer for a new podcast. The producer will work with the host and Runner’s World editors to produce a weekly radio show made up of interviews, news, short reported pieces, and other segments spun from magazine columns. The producer will manage the production schedule, assign and edit occasional stories, wrangle talent, and edit shows. Going forward, there may be an opportunity to work on other shows, as well.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, an expert tape-cutter, adept at working in a fast-paced media environment, and able to experiment with show segments and ideas.
This is a full time position with salary and benefits. It is based in Emmaus, Pennsylvania, where the Runner’s World editorial team is located.
- Coordinate production with Runner’s World editors
- Manage freelance producers
- Pitch and research discussion topics, and help structure the show segments
- Pursue, book, and pre-interview guests and occasionally conduct interviews for on-air use
- Help structure and write scripts or questions for hosts
- Direct recording in studio and in the field
- Edit episodes (structuring, line edits and mixing notes)
- Edit and mix audio
- Write copy for the website and social media
- At least two years’ experience in radio or podcasting, with additional experience in a deadline-driven media environment
- Proficiency with audio-editing software
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken
- Sharp attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter
- Must work well with a team
- An interest in running
About Rodale Inc. Rodale Inc. is a global health and wellness content company based in Emmaus, Pennsylvania and New York, New York. Known for launching the organic movement in the U.S. in 1942, the company operates today with a mission to “inspire health, healing, happiness and love in the world. Starting with you.” Home to a broad portfolio of best-in-class brands, Rodale engages more than 100 million people globally through an array of products and services that include magazines, books, online, mobile, e-commerce, direct-to-consumer, social, video and events. With 100 editions in 67 countries, Rodale publishes the largest, most established health and wellness lifestyle brands, including Men’s Health, Prevention, Women’s Health, Runner’s World, Bicycling, and Rodale’s Organic Life. Rodale Books is the premier destination for wellness content with a purpose, publishing conversation-changing titles that include Jessica Alba’s The Honest Life, Alicia Silverstone’s The Kind Diet, former Vice President Al Gore’s An Inconvenient Truth, Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz’s Onward, Maria Rodale’s Organic Manifesto and Scratch, and Dave Asprey’s The Bulletproof Diet. The Rodale Books website, RodaleWellness.com, is a content and community hub where visitors can find inspiration and information from the world’s top wellness experts. Rodale also produces numerous branded experiences that draw more than 100,000 participants annually. Rodale is a certified member of The Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and has received numerous industry accolades, including spots on Folio’s Top Places to Work in Media and Greatist’s Healthiest Companies in America lists, and has also been recognized as one of the Top 100 Best Adoption Friendly Workplaces.