MISSOULA, Mont – OWAA’s Board of Directors will meet for its annual winter meeting on Saturday, Feb. 11, 2012, via online web conference.
In an effort to increase the transparency of the Board’s work, the agenda for the upcoming meeting has been posted for information purposes. You can submit comments regarding the topics to be discussed in the comment section of this post. Minutes from the winter meeting will be published in an upcoming issue of Outdoors Unlimited.
Mike Walker, President, presiding
- Call to Order (Mike Walker)
- Roll Call (Katie McKalip)
- Receive motion to excuse any absentees
- Approval of actions by Executive Committee since July board meetings
- Information Item: Actions taken by the full Board of Directors since July board meetings
- Approval of July meeting minutes
- President’s Report (Other officers will report with committees)
Headquarters Report Report
- Executive Director’s Report
Standing Committee Reports
- Board Nominating
- Conference Program
- Craft Improvement
- National Affairs & Environment
- Norm Strung Youth Writing
- Officer Nominating
- Past Presidents
- Strategic Planning
Ad Hoc Committee Reports
- Marketing/Advertising Review Committee
- Digital Media Journalist Recruitment Committee
- Diversity Committee
- Membership Criteria Review
- Revise Membership Criteria
- Endowment Trustees Report
- Development of a Bylaws Mandated Membership Committee (Chair should be free to establish sub-committees to address each section of membership.)
- Development of a Bylaws Mandated Marketing committee
- Revise Education Committee charge to include more than McDowell Scholarship. Put them in charge of student outreach and student chapters as well.
- Minor adjustment to the OWAA Mission Statement
- Fundraising efforts
- 2014 Annual Conference Site Selection Report
- Four-Day conference proposal (optional for day-tours)
- Outdoors Unlimited – Analysis of OU Online readership (Google Analytics) and proposal for new publication schedule.
Good of the Order
- Encourage that all committees be established by July 1, and appropriate committees be voted on electronically.