Learn more about hot topic issues in the outdoors, improve communication skills (or gain new ones!) and network with editors and publishers, outdoor industry representatives and other communicators in the field. Don’t miss these great opportunities:
“Ask the Editors”
- Hear book publishers and acquisitions editors of outdoors publications discuss their editorial needs and how to sell your work. Get insider tips, ask questions and then get face time at the meet and greet to follow. Clip boxes will be available for you to leave work samples for each editor.
- Try out the latest and greatest in outdoor and shooting gear. Join outdoor industry representatives as they demo their latest products for you to test and ask questions.
Join wildlife experts, industry association CEOs and more for sessions covering local and national issues facing wildlife, sportsmen and outdoor enthusiasts today. Generate story material, interview key sources and make contacts for future work. 2016 sessions included:
- New Ideas for Conservation Funding
- Invasive Species & Wildlife Diseases
- Transfer of Public Lands
- Fire Borrowing
- Urban Wildlife Conflicts
Craft Improvement/Business Sessions
Make more money, sign better contracts, take better photos, find new markets – our goal is always to help you learn to improve your business and make more money at each conference. 2016 sessions included:
- Leading Photo Safaris
- Trends and Opportunities in Outdoor Journalism
- Mobile-friendly Websites and Apps for Magazines
- Outdoor Food Writing
- Accounting for Writers
- Writing for Brands/Content Marketing
Early-bird pricing until April 28!
Categories & Fees per Person
April 29 – June 24
|Member/Partner/Spouse/Guest (Single Day)||$85/day||$100/day|
* “Nonmember Full 3 Day” registration includes price of OWAA Membership dues for the second half of 2017
If you have any questions about registering for our upcoming conference, email Jessica Seitz at jseitz[at]owaa.org or call 406-728-7434.