Learn more about hot topic issues in the outdoors, improve communication skills (or gain new ones!) and network with editors and publishers, outdoor industry representatives and other communicators in the field. Don’t miss these great opportunities:
“Ask the Editors”
- Hear book publishers and acquisitions editors of outdoors publications discuss their editorial needs and how to sell your work. Get insider tips, ask questions and then get face time at the meet and greet to follow. Clip boxes will be available for you to leave work samples for each editor.
“Breakout Day” and “Water Demonstrations”
- Try out the latest and greatest in outdoor and shooting gear. Join outdoor industry representatives as they demo their latest products for you to test and ask questions.
Join wildlife experts, industry association CEOs and more for sessions covering local and national issues facing wildlife, sportsmen and outdoor enthusiasts today. Generate story material, interview key sources and make contacts for future work. The theme for newsmaker sessions in 2016 will be conservation funding the future. 2015 sessions included:
- Partnering for the greater sage grouse
- Climate change – The science, the politics and the future
- Drones and the outdoors
- ATV use on public lands
- Sale of public lands
Craft Improvement/Business Sessions
Make more money, sign better contracts, take better photos, find new markets – our goal is always to help you learn to improve your business and make more money at each conference. 2015 sessions included:
- Ethics and expectations: Comps, demos, FAMs
- Covering science: Finding stories behind the data
- How to put together a book tour – And make money doing it!
- Pricing your freelance services
- Ethics in wildlife photography
- Smart technology and apps for the working journalist
Early-bird pricing until May 13!
Categories & Fees per Person
May 14 – July 16
|Member/Partner/Spouse/Guest (Single Day)||$85/day||$100/day|
* “Nonmember Full 3 Day” registration includes price of OWAA Membership dues for the second half of 2016
If you have any questions about registering for our upcoming conference, email Jessica Seitz at jseitz[at]owaa.org or call 406-728-7434.