Picking a site for our annual conference is never easy. Each year we visit the “final three” to see what they have to offer. Part of the challenge comes from having to pick from three great sites.
This year we are looking at sites for the 2018 conference. The final three are Little Rock, Arkansas, Daytona Beach, Florida and Fort Wayne, Indiana.
OWAA’s Conference planner extraordinaire Jessica Seitz and I traveled to Little Rock and the following are some photos of our trip.
At the end of this post is a list of other places we visited but didn’t get pictures.
We ate the Flying Fish restaurant.
Home of the Billy Bass adoption center
We walked along the River Trail
We saw a piece of the “Little Rock”
We went fishing on the Little Red River.
We had the pleasure of fishing with Lowel Myers of Sore Lip’Em All Guide Service
I had a chance to visit with some locals…
We canoed on the Little Maumelle River.
And we toured the Robison Center. It is being renovated and will be ready for this fall.
Other places we visited (mostly to eat.)
- Breakfast at the Capital Hotel.
- Toured the Witt Stephens Jr. Central Arkansas Nature Center
- Dinner at Loca Luna.
- Dinner at Sonny Williams Steak Room.
- Toured the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission Firing Range
- Had a tour and lunch at the Clinton Library.
- Toured the Old State House.
- Lunch at Doe’s Eat Place.
- Toured the Historic Arkansas Museum
- Dinner at South on Main.